1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

28.4 MPH average speed

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mike lane lawn care, Sep 26, 2007.

1. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

ok so i calculated that through the coarse of my truck's life, it has had an average speed of 28.4 MPH. to do this you take the miles on the odometer, and divide it by the number of engine hours you have. to get the engine hours, press and hold the trip button on the odometer with the key off. i think my average speed is so low due to all the times spent off roading for 10 hours, covering 50 miles of ground.

I have 130,000 miles
    4,752 hours
    28.4 mph
  2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

driving miss daisy
  3. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Simply amazing. Were you drunk when you posted this thread too?
  4. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

wonder if that works on Fords?
  5. mike lane lawn care

it should, or they have their own trick, but try it and see. my friend's 2007 chevy silverado has an average of 17.8 MPH!
  6. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Is there some sort of hour meter?
  7. mike lane lawn care

if you press and hold the trip button for like 10 secs. (that little stick thing on the dash board next to the odometer) while the key is out of the ignition, it'll say the hours.
  8. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

It displays hours on newer GM's by default, just like trip and odo. True use of diesel engines is better measured in hours rather than miles, as some do a LOT of idling, hence the hour meter typically not on gassers.
  9. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

My average speed is 22MPH. however it is for work only, it never goes on the freeway and plows in the winter. I bought it brand new as a 2nd truck lastyear. Its an 06 and already has 21k on it :(. But the f350 only has 63k miles and its a 00... but anyway plowing and city driving or just leaving it running makes it low.
  10. milsaps118

milsaps118 LawnSite Senior Member

I got 30.57MPH. 140,125mi; 4583.5HR