28 efi questions

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Lawnworks, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I just bought a 2003 Dixie Chopper Kholer Xt2800 efi. Why will this machine not crank at low rpms? It takes a few revolutions to crank at full rpm. Fuel filter? Slow pump?

2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

You need to be more specific when you say it will not crank...WHAT ARE U TALKING ABOUT??? :confused:

3. Lawnworks

from usa

The mower will not crank when I have the throttle set at a lower rpm. If I give it more throttle it cranks up, but it is a bit hesitant to start. My Hustler efi cranks right up no matter what the rpms, and it does not hesitate at all. The chopper seems like it is waiting for fuel.

4. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

substitute crank for start and it makes more sense.

Your saying it doesn't turn over at all, or it turns over but doesn't start?

5. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

There could be any number of reasons why this engine is hesitant at firing off (how's that Jon). These engines require the proper diagnostic equipment in order to troubleshoot. I would suggest taking the unit to a Authorized Kohler Repair Station and have them run a diagnostic scan on it and that will tell them right where the problem is.

It could be the fuel filter, But if you decide to replace it ONLY use a OEM replacement filter and abide by the warning listed to prevent a line blow-off and fire hazard.

Attached Files:

6. Lawnworks

from usa

Yes substitute start for crank. The engine turns over, but is hesitant to run.

Restrorob
    I will take your word of advice on oem parts.