1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

28 years in business

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by onlyNadvance, Nov 18, 2010.

1. onlyNadvance

onlyNadvance LawnSite Member

Hey Ya'll Mike here (age 48yrs),
    New to the forum but not the trade. I cut my teeth in lawn business 28 years ago in So.Florida.(West Palm Beach) My first mower was a Ransomes Bobcat 48" walk behind, boy did i hate belt driven machine back then. Looking forward only hydro's will do now. I have had many rides Skags Zs to Gravely bull-riders man are those promasters fun to ride! But i do love my John Deere now, what a super designed machine. My customers have become my family at least that's how i treat them and call them. Most of which i have had for over 10yrs. I am a solo guy and love it. I only cut residential properties under a 12 month verbal contract. After 28 years in the industry you learn what works and what dont! All my accounts are golden! And all my lawns are perfect. I don't carry any whiners,(their a dime a dozen)! I like all my family and they all love me, and I'm always paid in advance!

Enough said, Peace everybody and have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING
  2. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Mike, congratulations ... it sounds like you've managed to do well over the last 2-3 years despite the general economic situation !!
  3. onlyNadvance

onlyNadvance LawnSite Member

Thanks Lifetree, Your right I havn't really had any real problems with the economic decline as of yet......! But i did make a few changes 10 yrs ago which helped out alot. The biggest of having all my clients in my subdivision is the best thing that i have ever done. What a difference that made having all properties within 5 miles of my home.