$280

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare3, May 22, 2003.

1. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

To spend on a trimmer.

I am going to buy it tommorrow.

I can't spend over $280.

Matt & Eric please don't b offended.

Thanks,

Chris

2. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Echo 260s. Nothing less than 24-25cc engine. For $310 you could get a Robin 253, it's 25cc and 9 1/2 pounds.

3. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I just spent $289 (before taxes) on a Shindaiwa T-230.:D Yeah, baby. I like it, but still getting used to the head.:(

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Chris, no offense taken. I have the T-230 with no regrets. Four years ago I was in a situation where I needed to trim some very thick weeds. Went to my dealer to see about getting a brush cutting blade and was told that I needed a T-270 for this. I am not sure what the cost difference is between the two, but never-the-less, the T-230 and served me very well.

MATT

5. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

Love mine, but the Tanaka is lighter and cheaper @ $240.00. Got a special going. Find a dealer and snatch one up. The head assembly is better than my Robin. When I need another trimmer I'm getting a Tanaka.

Cordially,
    S.

6. Swampbeast

Swampbeast LawnSite Senior Member

Echo 260, good trimmer. I prefer the 310, but the 260 has plenty of oomph.

:cool:

7. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

The Husky 322L is around $250, and there are several others. All are good for what you want to do, unless you get a Homelite or a Ryobi.

My Stihl FS85 was about $279. You can shake some change out of the couch cushions and roll some pennies to cover the tax.

8. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

$280, huh? I'd have to find a dealer that would sell me a T-230 for $280 :)

9. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

$199.00 on a Echo 210. I have 3 of them and they will handle anything.

10. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I have Shin 270, wouldn't trade it for the world. Cuts beer bottles in half ! I got if for right under $400.00 about 2.5 years ago, never had a single problem with it, and it will cut anything and everything. Worth the extra $$ to get the top dog, trust me. People complain about the weight, but I try to tell them the power overrides the weight, i.e., you don't have to do near as much swinging, and you spend less time weedeating.

( I also have Robins, Echos, and have used most other brands in my 17 years.....Shin, Baby!!! Shin 270!!! )

~Nest