1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

28hp kohler efi

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by collierlawn, Mar 17, 2004.

1. collierlawn

collierlawn LawnSite Member

I was thinking of purchasing a mower with this motor. What are the opions of this motor from actual users.
  2. matitude

matitude LawnSite Member

Run that on a 72" lazer no problems only had it one season but put about 775 hours on it.
  3. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep, got one on my Toro Z588E.

Only done 30 hours approx, maybe 40, dunno, but the engine is full of grunt, loads of power and torque, love it!
    Though the mower is new still, so far the engine has been faultless, only one little isolated issue but nothing to do with engine quality.

The torque is incredable!
  4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I have the 26 2002 fi, and its everything tony says and more.

Hay Mate!!
  5. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

G'Day John!

Glad to read you guys are gearing up for The Season, dunno how you stop for so long....we are drier supposingly and market crappier but least I get a full 10 months and slow 2, season doesn't actually stop in my part of the state, being on the coast I guess...

Hey John, I know you love your Exmark Z's, I'm really lovin' my new Toro mate, closest thing to an exmark here, LOL!

These new EFI's, powerful stuff.

Have a great one mate,
  6. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

I have it on my Hustler Super Z and it is awesome, tons of power and good on the gas to, I have not been able to bog this motor yet