29 HP Kawasaki Digital Fuel Injection!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TLS, May 22, 2001.

1. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

With its expanded lineup of horizontal LC gasoline engines, Kawasaki will be introducing a 29hp LC DFI engine next year. I don't know any details, but it is listed on the press release page of Kawasaki's engines section http://www.kawasaki.com/kengine/news2.html

I don't really know if there is any more info about this, but this would be a nice upgrade for the 27hp LC's. It would probably offer better economy and obviously more power and torque. I can only assume that they are using the same FD750D (27hp) engine and replacing the carb with the injection system. It shouldn't be a major problem to retrofit as the 27's already have an electric fuel pump.

Wow the HP wars are on!
  2. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

i can see it now in 5-10 years the average size cut will be 7' and the horse power will be around 40-50. what will customers think then? some new customers look at me when i tell them it i will be useing a 52" ztr and 48" w/b.
  3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

This seems to be the trend, with all the high powered suv`s they have in their driveways,and on the hiways these days, everyone wants bigger,more power so they will understand.