29 plus 6 acres bid

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by zmak, Jun 29, 2006.

1. zmak

zmak LawnSite Member

I will be mowing 6 acres with a 6 ' finish mower with 45 horse at the pto once a month. The second property is 29 acres and will be cut every other month with the same. Both are owned by the same person. All mowing is relatively flat and not much else to knock down with anything else.

2. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Thats great.

Whats your point??

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I think he needs to know how much to charge?

4. Birdhunter1

Birdhunter1 LawnSite Senior Member

I really don't think you will want to use a finish mower on the 29 acres every other month, I think you'd be happier with a bushhog instead since the grass will be higher and thicker.
    As far as what to charge, $50/hour.

5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Your answer is 35 acres between the two jobs. 29+6=35. Good question, glad we could help.

6. zmak

zmak LawnSite Member

Thought the question was right in front of you
    BID.
    Seems pm lawn answers every question Point being how do you have time for work with over 2 thousand replies.
    Thanks to those who knew what I was asking. and again 29 plus 6 acres( BID.)

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

If it's commercial, I wouldn't touch it myself for less than 1,400 a pop.
    That's (20 x 35) x 2.
    If it's resi, 900.

Reason: Tired of getting burned.

8. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

****Note to all LawnSite Members****

Dont reply too much or you are a slug... Make sure you dont go over 2000 replies.

ZMak- Dont take it too seriously, just some fun-pokin at ya... And the question was never really stated, so you got some BS, boo friggiddy hoo

9. PMLAWN

Wrong -Wrong- wrong-- This is a trick question, and we don't really have all the facts, but lets just say over 2 months--
    The 29 will only be cut once but the 6, twice so "12" plus 29 will equal 41 every 2 months or 20 and 1/2 every month or about 5.13 a week or you could just do about an acre a day:laugh:

10. PMLAWN

Sorry to have enjoyed myself at your expence. And sorry about answering too many questions.

Let me try again,, Hmmmm ,, Hoow about 35 times what you charge for one acre. Did I get it right this time:)