2nd Free Public Give Away

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sean Adams, Jun 3, 2003.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I am pleased to announce our second free give away at LawnSite.com.

This give away will include the following:

1. Benefits Program Membership ($60.00 value)
    2. A LawnSite.com High Quality T-Shirt ($25.00 value)
    3. A LawnSite.com Mouse Pad ($12.00 value)
    4. A LawnSite.com Coffee Mug($14.00 value)

As with the last give away, in order to be elligible, you will need to respond to the question below. Please remember, you can only post once and you cannot comment on what others post.

The Give Away question is....

If you had the chance to run LawnSite.com for one week, what changes would you make? What would you improve? What would you add to the site?

Thanks in advance to everyone who replies!

2. superman

superman LawnSite Member

If I ran LawnSite for a week....hmmm. I really like this place. I would like to first think the founder for a great site. As for changes...I don't know of many. I would create a newbi section all the general questions from us new guys. I would make it where a newbi could post a question to it. I would have a volanteer group of "experts" with permission to view that forum and help to answer the newbie's questions. I do believe that everyones advice is worth while and appreciated, but I think that type of forum would keep someone with one yard and no experience from giveing advice to some who is just trying to realy get started in this business. I would see this as a place where a newbi could get a response from several others that have the experience. Othere than that.............hmmmm Maybe get the site out there more....more advertiseing. I would consider putting in a regional forum. Like East Coast, West Coast , etc... I realize you have something close to this. If I want to read about problems people are having in KY, I have to go to the current one and search till I find posts about my area. In what I am proposing someone from Florida would just have to go to the Southern forum. There he or she could talk to those with the same weather conditions and grass type as themselves. It may seem small, I just think it comes down to an organization type thing. Once again I want to say that I am not bashing this sight, I like it a lot, and have gotten lots of information from it.

Thanks,

Judd

3. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

first let me say this is a GREAT site. just recently started in business, and this site helped me throught the startup phase, and now into a full swing business. now as for the site. i wouldn't change much at all. maybe a newby section with answers on it like in the "manufacturer sponrosred forums". where you can get anwers from people in the region you are asking the question from. i.e. insurance,licensing,and so on that may differ from one location to another. just a thought.

Thanks For A Great Site

4. UGA

UGA LawnSite Senior Member

If I were king for a week:) I would set up an online education site for Lawncare/Landscaping based on a legitimate university system or other system/books such as Landscapers Association that members could gain not only the knowledge from the course but a certificate or graduate distinction that appeared on the site as part of their sig.
    I also like the idea of having a number of volunteer experts in the field of LC,Landscaping, Hardscaping/Stonework, etc. assigned to answer newbie questions in a timely manner. It doesn't appear that they get much feedback and have to post on the Comm Lawn site, often to get flamed by the less tactful members.

5. harpoonalt

harpoonalt LawnSite Member

I put in a reviews section on vendors,equipment,etc and a filter to eliminate the word "scrub" entirely from this site unless it pertained to washing your truck. Other than that, great job, great site.

6. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I would weed out some of the ones who never seem to try and help anyone.We all know whom I am talking about,The ones that always think there better than every one else.Other than that great job:blob3:

7. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would make the search thing better. I would also make a pictures forum so, everyone could post pics of their equipment and NOT get them "relocated to the appropriate forum" I also aould bring back the smilies to the subject line.

8. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

if i were in charge for a week one thing i definitly would do is weed out all the members who have never posted and never view lawnsite. im sure with modern internet technology that wouldnt be to hard to figure out. i would also go through and get rid of anyone with less then 50 posts who hasnt posted in x amount of time etc etc. that would probably take up time for a whole week and also would give us a more accurate count of how many active/faithful members we have.

9. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

I'd post photo's of the moderators and have a section dedicated to "pricing". There seems to be repetitive questions on this subject. This is a great site as is though.

10. Harry0

Harry0 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I would start a "Post of the Week". The winning post is that which gets the most replies(from other members). These winning members get a special Icon next to their name(something like a super bowl ring), and a Lawn Site Tee Shirt. Keep up the great work-Harry