2stroke toro 21" question

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by EagleLandscape, Mar 9, 2005.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

One of my 2 stroke toro 21"s has started to become a pain in the butt. The front two wheels are impossible to move. Whats the best to loosen them up again. Just take the front wheel assembly apart and wd/40 everything?

2. Craig Jones

Craig Jones LawnSite Member

i presume by your post that the it is the wheels that do not turn and not the adjustment. On our Prolines, we take the wheel assemblies apart each year and pack the wheel bearings with grease. The wheel assembly is actually two halves that can come apart to service.

I hope this is what you were asking about.

3. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Sorry I wasn't more specific. No, it's those paint in the butt levels that won't budge that are used to adjust the height of the cut. Any suggestions?

4. Craig Jones

I presume they are Proline chassis. The only problem we have had with ours is they get loose and wear out. I think we have a problem with one on the rear that got stuck. I will pull one out of storage this weekend and see what I can come up with.

Craig

5. nt1

nt1 LawnSite Senior Member

Loosen the nut & bolt that runs through the wheel/height adjustment plate. Not too loose though or the wheels will wobble and the nut will back itself off the threads. I have heard of people putting lock-tight on the threads to keep the nut in place.

6. Craig Jones

The only thing I could see when I looked at ours what was stated in the previous thread. I believe loosening the bolts will do the trick. We have nylon stop lock nuts on ours.

7. RELIABLELAWNMAN

RELIABLELAWNMAN LawnSite Member

My Toro dealer suggested that I use anti-seize compound on the front wheel
    bolts. I remove the front bolts and apply a small amount of compound on each
    bolt about every six months. Put a small amount of removable "lock-tight" on each nut before re-installing the front wheels. Be sure to adjust the height
    adjusters prior to tightening these nuts. I also use anti-seize compound on the crankshaft prior to re-installing the BBC assembly. Pressure washing and wet grass are a killer on these parts.