1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

2wd - body-lift kit?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by A1 Grass, Aug 31, 2003.

1. A1 Grass

A1 Grass LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, lets say I manage to level out my '92 dodge and still want to bring it up a bit more....

Has anyone installed a body-lift kit?

Is it do-able on my truck?
  2. The Good Earth

The Good Earth LawnSite Member

Easiest way to get height is with a body lift. It is easy to do, very easy to do. I looked on Summit for a kit for your truck but all of the kits they stock skip model years 91-93. With some searching you should be able to track one down. Probably shouldn'y cost you over a couple hundred bucks.

If you are going for bigger tires remember that you will wear out your tranny if you don't swap your ring and pinion. Anything over a 33" tire will wear out your tranny.
  3. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

bosy lifts suck, suspension lifts are better, but alot more expensive. www.4wheelparts.com has probably the best prices for what you need, but why are you lifting it? to fit bigger tires undar there?
  4. A1 Grass

The reason I want to do it is because Dodge's "nose-down" look is ugly as hell. Plus bigger tires would be nice.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

a body lift is only going to bring up the body 2-3" but u will still have the nose down look
  6. A1 Grass

I recently purchased superduty coils that should help with that. Not installed yet...
  7. A1 Grass

Just found a guy here in town that says he has "leveled" 1st gen Dodges before using Daystar coil spacers (for a '94?) and longer shocks. He says that the total for the job includes parts/alignment and runs about $500.

Other 1st gn Dodge owners - I'll keep you posted!