3/4 acre, waist high grass and weeds, your bid?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by CaptainPike, Sep 15, 2010.

1. kilgoja

kilgoja LawnSite Senior Member

1. well what you do is walk through the yard and make sure nothing is in there before you cut it...if you find something remove it before you cut

2. why would it look bad when you got done?...keep going over it until it looks good lol

2. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Well it all depends on how tall the grass is. When you cut it it will be brown colored on the bottom with a ton of clippings on top. Even if you cut it 3 times there will still be clippings on top no matter what. And as far as walking the yard, that also depends on how thick it is. You wouldn't want to spend the whole day digging through the grass to find something. The big stuff yes, you will see when you walk the yard, but as far as the small stuff good luck. JUST USE DULL BLADES.

3. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

The only way you'll get it to look good is If you bag it, 3/4 acre is going to be about 46 bags maybe 47.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Not true, I just cut 4 foreclosures Friday and Yesterday not a single clipping was bagged...pictures in the pictures section.

To the OP, I'm charging $60 per hour for foreclosures.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. ajslands

waste high?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. cgaengineer

Look at the pictures, some was taller than that...some was so tall I had to trim with trimmer first, but that was one small area in one of the 4 houses. Waste high...no problem, tall and woody...trimmer time.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. ajslands

Ok well he's talking about 3/4 Acres, and it's all waste high, so if he just has to mulch it, then I wanna see what it looks like when it's done, and how many cuts he did.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. cgaengineer

3/4 acre or not the end result is the same. The only thing that changes is the time it takes to mow.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Do it for a 100 bucks and learn a good lesson in the process.:usflag: