3/4" Backflow or 1" Backflow? GPM

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by jbell36, Sep 25, 2013.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

lol, just fixed a problem where they used pvc between the backflow and the gate vavle tap. idiots. been fixing tons of these the past few years with drought and ground movements. replace with all brass

2. grassman177

I used to paste pvc, and tape brass to pvc. otherwise it always leaked . now I tape it all, using monster tape. that stuff is totally awesome.

3. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

http://cleanfit.com/BlueMonster.shtml

Best I have ever used :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Irrigation Contractor

Irrigation Contractor LawnSite Senior Member

We switched to Blue Monster this year and the guys all prefer it.

Basically, we match TX procedures especially the SCH nipples. Much better than SCH 40 male adapters.

We use a 1 x 3/4 FPT reducer for additional support.

5. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

EXACTLY...the drought is shifting these systems and one of the first things to break is the PLASTIC nipple between the angle valve and the backflow, i have had to replace 4 so far this year alone...just use a brass nipple to begin with

and yes, the blue monster tape is awesome, simply easier to install than the thinner teflon

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  6. grassman177

in fact, I have had pipe get ripped off the wall outside where the supply line comes out of the house(on some). I mean bad too, like when it finally snaps from the ground shifting against the foundation....it breaks apart about 8-12 inches. I have fixed some before they break, and you would wonder how it was not broken already....

7. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I like the bluemonster Teflon tape and pipe dope also.

8. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys... Any of you have a picture of exactly what setup your talking about? I get lost in all the acronyms :)
    Posted via Mobile Device