3/4 ton plow truck thread

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by AB Lawn Care, Dec 19, 2000.

1. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I will be looking for a 3/4 truck next winter(thanks to the responses in the samuari thread!)And need to know as much info as possible.I don't want to make the big step up to the plow truck and get a lemon or a truck that can't handle the load.

Ford

Which years are best 197?-1992

Which years should I avoid

Which engine/tranny should I look for/avoid

Chevy

Which years are best 197?-1992

Which years should I avoid

Which engine/tranny should I look for/avoid

Which brand do you think is better for plowing???

I want as much info as possible!!!!!!

Thanks to all!!!!!You have been a great help!!!!

2. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Do a search under trucks and you will find more information than you will get from responses to this thread.

Geoff

3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Dont be afraid of the 3500 1 ton single wheel trucks either-they are just a beefier 3/4,and in the case of the Ford, the F350 has a solid axle-the 250 has the TTB front end-stay away from that one.

4. Psyclopse

Psyclopse LawnSite Member
    from In

I'd get a 73-87 Chevy if I were you. Parts are easy to find at parts stores, or even junk yards. The are simple to work on too. Someone else could tell you which years are the bad ones, I'm not sure. But, if you are going to push alot of snow, get one with a decent cab- ya gotta keep the heat inside the cab!

Of course if you know me, you'd know I'd get a diesel. But that's just me. Oh, and stick with the auto tranny.

5. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith LawnSite Senior Member

6. Psyclopse

Psyclopse LawnSite Member
    from In

You know, I was going to point out your site (kinda went hand-n-hand with my post) but for some reason I forgot when typing my response. Sorry.

7. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Thanks agian for all the help.I am mainly a ford fan,but if the chevy trucks are a better choice for plowing I will look for a chevy.

Chuckschevypages-I tryed your website but it will not open.

Could anyone list which years to avoid when buying chevy 3/4 ton.

Thanks