3/4 Ton Titan?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Patriots, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Patriots

Patriots LawnSite Member

Hey y'all - heard rumors that Nissan is going to release a 3/4 ton Diesel Nissan Titan. Should be one helluva truck. Anyone have anymore details?

2. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nissan isn't ready to produce a 3/4 ton, much less a competitive diesel pickup, their 1/2 ton has to be right first before they can expand. They do not have the manufacturing facilities and engine facilities that the current dieselers do to have such capabilities. They have good 4 cyl. diesels, but they do not have a 6 or 8 cyl. diesel ready for pickup duty.

3. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

Even if they did make a Diesel pickup in the 3/4 ton range, I wouldnt buy it, I prefer to buy Ford trucks. Ford to me, is simply better, I cant explain how but Ford just seems to be my version of a porsche.

4. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I like the looks of the current Titan. I'd consider a 3/4 ton if they made one.

5. Patriots

Patriots LawnSite Member

Through my years I have owned 2 Ford F-150s 1 Ford F-250 and a Dodge 1500. In January I purchased the Titan, not only because I liked the looks and hauling ability of the truck - but because the same equiped Fords, Dodges, and Chevys, all with lesser engines were thousands more. Simply put, the truck is bad a$$ - far superior to any 1/2 ton I have driven. A 3/4 ton version would have Detriot shaking.

6. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

i wouldnt buy it... if im spending lots of money, its going to one of the big 3... not overseas. even if the titan is made in the usa, the profits are still going overseas. I prefer chevy then dodge.

7. Scapegoat

Scapegoat LawnSite Member

I like what I see in the Titan and how they will be able to progress in the future. If I was buying new, I'd give it a hard look.

I currently drive a 1997 Ford and like it very much. Best truck I've ever had. Previously had a 2001 Dodge and I liked it from a comfort standpoint, but was a mechanical nightmare. I have no doubt it was a "lemon" because of the extremely high amount of problems. Dealer service apathy caused me to not look at another Dodge. Once the warranty was up I got rid of it and bought the older Ford. Pocketed the difference in cash and have a more reliable truck, despite the age and mileage difference.

Anyway, the more manufacturers of full sized trucks on the market the better. It leads to better trucks across the board as they try to keep up or out-do each other. Competition is a good thing. Choice is a good thing. I'm glad to live in a country where we can have that.

8. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

True that, execpt for the competition part, its what hurts our business, lol.

9. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would for sure test one...my Tacoma has been an awesome truck and know people who love Nissan....simply a better vehicle....the big 3 are suffering because the quaility of these vehicles///Toys/Niss.....bigger doesn't always make you better....Go Nissan!!! If I need a bigger truck tomorrow, its the Tundra for me!!

10. Patriots

Patriots LawnSite Member

Nissan pays hard working American employees - The Big 3 pay hard working Mexican (In Mexico) employees. Tell me again, where are the profits going?