3.5 acres

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontstreetlawns, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Frontstreetlawns

Frontstreetlawns LawnSite Member

alright everyone heres the scenario. this property has about 3.5 acres of grass to be mowed, all of it is to be bagged ( dont give me crap about this, its the standard practice around here and it looks like crap not bagged) I have a 42" exmark and i can do about 18000 sqft an hr. the site has alot of cedar trees and a few large maple trees. how long does this normally take you? how much do you charge
  2. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

What kind of bagger do you have I could cut it in 1.25 hrs with my 60' but to bag it would be 2-2.5 hrs
  3. Frontstreetlawns

Frontstreetlawns LawnSite Member

an accelerator bag
  4. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

with a 60 inch I would say 2 + hours. It shounds like you have a really thick stand of grass if it looks bad unless bagged and that slows down mowing time more than emptying the bagger.
  5. zMaster225

zMaster225 LawnSite Member

I have a 3.5 acre yard that I do for $100/cut. 2 of us cut with a 60" Toro and 48" hydro. Depending on the time of year, I usually double cut the main areas of the lawn and single the rest...takes about 50 min of solid cutting, 1 hour with trimming. With your 42", i'd pack a lunch if the grass is thick and I hope you have a stake body if you have to haul that much grass