3.5T Mini Ex auger

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Azrael, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Azrael

Azrael LawnSite Member

Can anyone recommend a quality non-OEM auger attachment for a 3.5 ton mini ex? It looks like most of the equipment mfgs offer their own but I would like to find an independent company that offers a universal mount model. I am able to find plenty for SSL/CTLs but not for mini exs.

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Skid Steer Solutions might have something, but all these mini excavators use different mounts like pin grabbers and wedge couplers, all you need is the auger drive and hoses and fabricate your own setup, I have even seen a clamp on system that used a big ass C clamp to hold the drive unit to the bucket, ghetto looking, but it works.

3. ConstSvcs

ConstSvcs LawnSite Senior Member

4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

i have the lowe powerhead on my 320 bobcat mini, works great with a pengo screw
    http://www.loweman.com/

5. Azrael

Azrael LawnSite Member

Both of those look like great options. The problem I am running into is that at the start of my company I want to rent the machine but own a couple of the attachments that are not available for rent (auger & mower). HOwever, it seems like everyone has their own pin/quick change setup on mini exs and are not universal like SSL/CTLs Since I am renting I am not necessarily going to be guaranteed a certain brand machine every time, especially on short notice.

6. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

you have the opyion of building an adapter for the auger, one that could be clamped to the bucket, i have one for a pavement cutter