3,600hrs to many??

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by P.Services, Nov 9, 2008.

1. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

The machine looks clean enough. From the wear marks on the joysticks somebody with big meat hooks must have been running the machine.

The price is right. I would go look at it if it is tight and not worn out give the person the money get the machine on a trailer and head home with it.

3. P.Services

take a look the sag in the one track???

is the track tension adjusted with grease like on a dozer?

if i can get that machine for $25,000 and every thing checks out ok i think it was a deal.

and its ready for a thumb.

4. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

The track may just need some grease. The only way you are going to know is go look at it. The one picture of the sproket its not worn out.

For 25 grand your not going to get much better than that.

5. P.Services

i have seen the seals blown or the "rod" bent inside the hosing so it cant hold any pressure.

6. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think the hours are bad. High hours isn't always bad. Looks like it's in good condition though.

7. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think the hours are bad. High hours isn't always bad. Looks like it's in good condition though.

8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

3,600 is not high hours, IMO, for this size of machine. Anything over 7K hours is high hours on 7 ton machines and larger. Hell, one PC200 I ran this summer rolled 11K as I was running it. She ran pretty good but was tired, wouldn't drag a 30" bucket with fresh tigers worth a damn, but she still ran every day. I say go for it man, can't beat that deal.

9. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

I would ask them what they used it for and where they worked.
    We have a bunch of utility companies that just install new services for new construction that the municipalities could not get to.
    These machines seem to run all day even when they are just sitting idling.
    The workers never shut them off especially in the summer.
    That machine looks really clean in the tail swing which is a good thing.
    The hours may be misleading.
    Suwanee is in the Metro Atlanta area so they work in the same places as I do.

10. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

That's an excellent deal, Komatsu's are known to be trouble free, hell, my Dad's old 60's are still going with now more than 9000 hours on both of them.