3 acre bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frank2, Apr 8, 2003.

1. Frank2

Frank2 LawnSite Member

New to the forum guys. I have read many posts here and tried to use the search function as much as possible so as not to ask numerous stupid rookie questions. Looking for some input on this one.

bidding a big home that sits on approx. 3 acres. 3 acres is mostly open...huge front lawn. Beds only around front of house. Very long drive...take some time to put an edge on that.
    I normally charge $50/wk for 1 acre lots....mostly all we have in my area.
    Not thinking I should charge $150/wk since I am already at the property, not driving to three different houses, and can move pretty good on my Z. I am thinking of pricing it at $120/wk.
    $50...first acre, $40...second acre, $30...third acre. Am I to high? I don't want to underbid, but would really like to land this account.
    Thanks for any input.
  2. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like a good formula-If you can get $50 for one acre lots it just makes sense to drop a bit on the next two - no transport time.
  3. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

120 is a good price you should be able to cut that with a good 61inch ztr in 40 minutes an trimming an blowing shouldnt take more than 40 minutes . so all in all 120 is fair!!
  4. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

I think $120 is not too much. I have one that is 3.5 acres and I charge $135 for it, but I have to push mow around house because the landscape they have makes it difficult to get large mower in. Oh yea, he provides his 62" kubota as well.
  5. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

I did a residence that size, but with a LOT more obstacles. That place was worth $200 per cut MINIMUM, if I could have, I would have liked somewhere around $240 a cut... but that's pushing it.
  6. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Do you like the price? Do you think it is fair? Can you make money doing it at that price? If you answered yes, then it was a good bid!
  7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

3 acres for me is $261.36

$3.00 per square foot for anything under 100,000 and anything over 100,000 it is $2.00 per square foot.
  8. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

$120 is a good number for the mowing...with the trimming of the long drive I'd add another $20 or so and end up at $140. Hopefully this person will not hire someone who lives under a bridge at nite and runs a Murray during the day because those trolls will do it for alot less...good luck
  9. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

I would say somewhere in the range of $135-$145.
  10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

sounds about what I would charge