1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

3 acre job

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jsfrk, Sep 17, 2004.

1. jsfrk

jsfrk LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I just want to know, what you all charge per acre? I have a job that is 3 acres and I am curious what a good estimate would be to charge to mow, trim, and edge every other week.
  2. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

It all depends on the site is it flat alot of hills etc. But I normally would charge $65 an acre
  3. jsfrk

jsfrk LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

That's about what I was thinking. Thanks for the response.
  4. eshreve1234

eshreve1234 LawnSite Member

JSFRK -

You are on here asking alot about prices. Alot of people do, but you do more than anyone else I can remember. You need to figure out yourself what you need to make money, and if you can not you should not be in business for yourself. If I drive an '04 and you a '95, have equipment, insurance payments, buildings, etc, my price and volume will be different than yours. Cutting grass is the easy part, figuring out how to make money doing it is hard, that is why so many guys come and go all the time. You need to spend some time and think for yourself.
    olderthandirt likes this.
  5. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm the same $65/acre!...especially every other week
  6. Patrick.B

Patrick.B LawnSite Senior Member

Depend who you cutting grass for ,.,com or res ?.....$65 ? Is that WITH trims & edgerr too ? ,,,or just $65 just to cut ?...How long the grass is or how much trimming and Edger you have to do for the first time or How long will it take you to do the job ,,,if you just started your business you need to know what the going rate is in your homw town ... :cool:
  7. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

8. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Wow charge $65 an acre here and you will go out of business and I live in a rich area. We have 2 that are 2 acres and we charge each one $60 per cut. Thats $30 per acre. Any more and people would laugh at us and get Julio and his amigos down the street to cut it.
  9. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

I stopped cutting grass last season and now only do installs, but I would never from the first day I started Drop my gate for less than $30, For 1 acre Mow and trim on flat ground $65.00, Half acre Mow trim $45.00, Quarter acre $35.00, anything less then Quarter Acre was $30.00. Now for Commercial is a different story none of the above applies. I was in the biz for many years and this pricing has always worked well for me.
  10. lawnmowermannh

lawnmowermannh LawnSite Member

I don't know how you guys can mow an acre of lawn for $65.00 an still make a good profit. After you figure in expences, fuel, insurrance, and uncle Sam. that doesn't leave very much in your pocket. I charge between $120-$140 an acre.