1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

3 acres of Bermuda

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassmasterswilson, Sep 4, 2012.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

A landscaper friend sent a referral to a customer yet have been working in. Guy just built a house on about 3.5 acres. Laid irrigation on entire property. Sodded and spiffed Bermuda

The property is about 40 minutes away and u have nothing anywhere close. So the drive would be for 1 job. Sounds like money isn't a problem.

What would u price per application? I told them rough guess of $800 per app to pads on to customer without seeing it and would be glad to go meet.

I'm also thinking that aerations, grub, and other upsells a possibility.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Suppose you charge a dollar per thousand for labor, about the same for product (some rounds more--some less). Add 25 percent for profit. Perhaps add a dollar per minute for the drive. Add $5 for his share of overhead (billing, postage, insurance, rent). I would charge about $475.
    11 bags of fert, one hour to do the job, 80 minutes drive time.
  3. LawnoftheMonth

LawnoftheMonth LawnSite Senior Member

600-800, depending on variables.