3 acres of leaves

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Tha5150, Mar 26, 2012.

1. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

I'm sure you can do it but you won't have any grass. I don't know how you can do it in St Augustine and have any grass. All that mulched up leaves makes the grass so thin.

2. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Now that you have sobered up (JUST KIDDING) do yourself a favor and go with C.

3. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

:drinkup:Now that you have sobered up (JUST KIDDING) do yourself a favor and go with C.

4. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

I would walk. No way would it be worth while. Focus more on getting lawns this time of year instead of being jack of all trades.

5. Tha5150

Tha5150 LawnSite Member

6. Johnagain

Johnagain LawnSite Senior Member

Page not found.

7. Tha5150

Tha5150 LawnSite Member

Not much grass under all if it..

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Johnagain

Johnagain LawnSite Senior Member

I have a lawn that looks like that and what I do is put on a set of gator blades and run over them 3-4 times about the height of 2.5 in. Most all the leaves will chop up into smaller pieces and will start decomposing when the rains start. The shorter you can cut the better the leaves mulch.

9. Tha5150

Tha5150 LawnSite Member

But is that something I should take on with my 44" and how long do you think it will take me? Also how long until they decompose?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

I agree--been there and done that, many many times...you'll be fine--lower the mower, blow the leaves out of the plants--need a mulch plate or mulch kit on mower...and dust mask for sure-