3 acres of mowing bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tharod, Jun 23, 2010.

1. tharod

tharod LawnSite Member

someone called asking for a bid on 3 acres. I only have a 48" cut and it's just myself, there is a house and workshop and two driveways and about 15 big trees on the property. I don't mind doing the job but unsure how long it will take and I definitely don't wanna under bid it, but don't wanna overbid it either since this is a big yard. Most of my business is small neighborhood yards. Any input and info would be great..thanks in advance

2. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

We did one a few years ago for $350 per cut, however we do not have them anymore. Also this was only cut like once a month since it was a lot only no house. So it was always close to 2 feet every time we went to cut it.

3. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't bid it, unless you have the equipment. 48" would take 2.5 hours just to mow.

4. tharod

tharod LawnSite Member

my work load is not that heavy considering I only cut about 25-30 yards a week. I just started out in the lawn care business...I was thinking around $100

5. MowingMowingMowing

MowingMowingMowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

That's just not worth it for the time it will take you.

6. bchataroo

bchataroo LawnSite Member

It takes me and another 2hrs and 15 mins to cut and weedeat 2 acres. There are alot of obstacles in this yard though. that is also with a 60".

7. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

Woa!!!!! Idk where your from, but around here that's super low!
    Around here prices per acre are usually in the 55-75$ range. Up to x amount of acres, and then it starts decreasing gradually. But not too low!
    Oh and for those prices, sometimes you will want to charge more depending on the complexity of the job.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. unit28

unit28 LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't mow it for $100.
    Isn't 3 acres like over one hundred and twenty thousand square feet

better pack a lunch :)

9. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

with a 48" wb it will prolly take you an hour per acre. my minesota math tells me thats 3 hour of just mowing. i charge $65 an acre if the trimming is easy. if there is alot of trimming i will charge any where from $75 to $85 an acre.

10. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

No lower than $150 per cut