3 acres to clean up...Look and price.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by o-so-n-so, Nov 24, 2003.

1. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I don't know if this will work.

If you can access these photos- what is a fair price to clean up all in the photos. Coverage is total 3 acres. About 2 3/4 is undergrowth. 1/4 is where mobile home and yard area.
    The stumps ground, all underbrush cut, small trees cut, and all junk removed. Brush piled and burned (OK). One old truck removed, and lawn cut to shape. They want a Top Shelf job.
    On the market for sale and want all cleaned up. Individual just acquired this property.

I think by the hour would be a way to go on this one.

Equipment used for the job. Tractor, rotary cutter, 2 saws working, my Z mower for the lawn finish touch, also have forks and loader for the tractor, stump grinder.

Talk to me.....

2. BBS

BBS LawnSite Member

they want all that brush and all the trees cleared to the ground? wheew...I have no experience in something that complete so I can't even have an educated guess... But you should make out nice,thats for sure
  3. BravesFan

BravesFan LawnSite Member

I'm not an expert on lot clearing...and heavy equipment setups may be lots cheaper...

but I'd be in the ballpark of $4500-$5000.

4. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

All cleared exept mature trees and young hardwoods with about a 4" calibur and up.

Not as bad as the photos look.

The lawn area is bad. Very thick grass to about 6" and then its just tops.

I will have 2 or 3 helpers.
  5. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

I would approach them with 35.00 per man hr. 55.00 per hour for tractor and operator, dump fee's, any other equipment rental you may need. I would clear all obstacles, bush hog then finish mow.
  6. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

Here in Central Florida It would cost about 400.00 to clear that lot. People here charge 50.00 per acre to bush hog then 35.00 per hr for the rest. So 150.00 to bush hog then about 7 hrs to finish.
  7. BravesFan

Maybe I'm seeing the pictures differently. I'd charge over $400 just for the stump grinding. One of the pics shows a few large trees.

8. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

hey i see a riding mower there,hows it look??
  9. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Id say between $5000 and $5200. There is at least 10 dump runs Id have to make.
  10. BravesFan

That's more like it. Who is the world would clear 3 acres of brush...and GRIND STUMPS...for $400? Heck, at $60 an acre, that's almost $200 JUST for a grass cut.