3 Bag system vs. Bac Vac

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Axl, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Axl

Axl LawnSite Member

Can anybody give me some pros and cons for the two systems?

i CURRENTLY USE THE BAC VAC BUT UPON PURCHASING A NEW MACHINE AM THINKING BOUT GOING WITH THE 3 BAG SYSTEM.

ANYBODY USE IT YET?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

It is so new, I am not sure there are any members here that have one yet.
    But I am sure there are members here that can give you there experience with 3 bag catchers in general.

Pj

3. FCS Services

FCS Services LawnSite Member

I use the 3 bag system - I like it a lot. Haven't used the Bac Vac but the clam shell idea didn't appeal to me. I like the ability to dump bags where I want them. 12 bushel - great. One of the problems I have is that sometimes catch the bag on stuff, the extra length needs to be thought of all the time. other then that it works out pretty good other then the $2000 price tag. probably worth it thou - really solid

Frank

4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

There is a guy here is hutch that just got one a couple weeks ago, 54" with the 3 bag catcher, the new style designed by hustler. If I ever run into him I'm itching to get his opinion on the beast overall plus how the new catcher is working out. He is a member of this site, but very rarely is on here.

5. 3Bladz

3Bladz LawnSite Member
    from IL

Good luck getting one. I bought one on the 21st along w/ stripe rollers and don't have a delivery date even on any of them. I am not sure it's a Hustler bagger though? I wasn't told there was different types offered.

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

If you ordered a 3 bag Hustler catcher it is part # 928416, make sure this is what your getting and the dealer didn't order you a aftermarket Humboldt.

7. 3Bladz

3Bladz LawnSite Member
    from IL

Yes it was a Humbolt. What is better about the Hustler one ?

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Ok, we have absolutely no control or anything to do with the Humboldt catcher, it is a aftermarket one that your dealer deals directly with the mfg on.
    The Hustler catcher has a more proven blower (been in use since 1995), and is made exactly for your mower, it is not a universal type blower and catcher assembly.
    The Hustler brand catcher is sold through the Hustler distribution network.

Pj

9. JTHutch

JTHutch LawnSite Member

Hey Jason, yep I have one of the monsters. I love it. it picks up everything. It does add a lot or width and length to the mower and makes small lawn a little harder to get to some areas but as for the system I really like the blower it can really fill all three bags even in wet contitions.