3 blade trimmer head?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mr.Stripey Lawn Care, May 2, 2003.

1. Mr.Stripey Lawn Care

Mr.Stripey Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Does any body use the 3 plastic bladed trimmer heads on there trimmers, and what is your opinions. I use one for around the house, but figured they might be just for that, homeowner use...seems like it would save money on trimmer line.
  2. Duncan Lawn Care

Duncan Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Don't waste your time or money on one for commercial use.
  3. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with Duncan, I tried one a couple years ago just for around my house and thought it was junk.... Don't wast any more money on it...

Lou :cool:
  4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I have been using them for years. The 4 blade head is better than the 3 blade head. I prefer them on a heavier trimmer verses lighter trimmer. There are 3 commercial brands available that I know of, Stihl, Oregon and Beaver. Would never go back to line again.

5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I have the Shindaiwa one. The only thing I use it for is for thick, wet, juicy weeds that spatter all over the place if you use string.

The problem is that the blades don't like rocks one bit.
  6. Auroris

Auroris LawnSite Member

I've tried the kind for homeowner use (I guess) that you get from Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. Seems to me they were called "Grass Gators" or something.

It sure did not last through a job around the back yard, and when I hit a blackberry branch the plastic blade busted off and struck my leg. Made me glad to have chaps on.

It really did not work well at all for trimming grass along a fence line. Better for very light brush trimming.