3 fliers or 1?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by grandview (2006), Mar 30, 2013.

1. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Going to be putting fliers out again. But I'm going to push 3 separate things this spring. 1 flier would be good but I don't want each service"lost" on it. So I was thinking off just pumping out each one.My EDDM is going out on the 2nd &8th .So along with those and the fliers hope to pick up some more stuff.

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Have you thought about something more like a tri-fold brochure? Maybe with a coupon deal for using multiple services?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. grandview (2006)

Problem is people make a discussion within 10 steps of picking it up from the mailbox area.So that's why I don't want to get to carried away with to much stuff to read. Say someone was thinking aeration ,but it was listed 3rd on the flier but stopped reading after lawn mowing. Also with my aeration flier I have the price right on it .with lawn cutting I need to see the property ,I just don't want to write something down,

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

You might be better off giving each service its own run. If nothing else they will see your company name multiple times.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. JMH Development

JMH Development LawnSite Member

I am doing something similar Grandview. I have already planned out my direct mail marketing for the entire year.

This year we are sending post cards, EDDM materials, or door hangers/fliers a total of about 20 times. Each time it is for a different service that is for that time of the year.

I would send each service separately so nothing gets over looked and to keep your name in front of the potential customers as much as possible.

6. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Was the eddm a pain?? Im actually having 5000 postcards printed out as we speak for eddm, and havent picked my route yet, What did you have to do to get them ready for eddm?

7. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Read this

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=395735

8. grandview (2006)

Last yr had someone do it for me ,cost me a few 100 more for it, This yr they wanted a grand to send out 11k of them. So I'm doing it.Takes a little time but for a grand I'll sit in front of the tv and break them down.

9. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

This is what my marketing guy would say is best. about all my flyer has on it is a catchy phrase, an image or two and 2 bullet points then contact info.

as GV said earlier. all they will see is your first few words before they toss it out. and the more words there are the less of a chance thell read it. multiple advertisements means they will see your name multiple times. that alone is a very strong marketing strategy.

10. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

oh. and concider print24.com their english sucks but dang good prices. 333.01 for double sided postcards vs some quotes at local places up to 2500 bucks.

and their quality leaves nothing more to desire in my experience.

although their english sucks.