3 man crew finally beat their personal record!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnSmith, May 30, 2004.

1. LawnSmith

LawnSmith LawnSite Senior Member

yesterday (sat) was the first good day of mowing in what seems like months. the 3 man mowing crew headed out for the day @ around 6:15am as i joked with them about beating records because we are so far behind and covered up with work.

the previous record was set early last year and hasnt been broken until now. last years record was 27 properties(roughly 39.5 acres) in 1 day. the equipment used on the 3 man crew hasnt changed, two 61" 29hp DFI Turf Tigers, one 36" Scag walk, trimmers/blowers.

the day ended for them @ around 9:15pm and they completed 30 properties(roughly 44acres), beating the previous 27 and almost 40 acres.

all in all, not too shabby for a days work and a three man crew. some of the properties were the same as last years record but this route was a little tighter IMO.

now if mother nature would give us a chance to do that 4-5 days a week, we could actually get something accomplished around here.
  2. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Just out of curiosity, what do you think your rough Net income was?

Awesome job by the way!!!
  3. LawnSmith

sorry, ive never been one to discuss finances on here or on the internet in general.
  4. CNE

CNE LawnSite Member

6:15 am till 9:15 pm? Now were you working with them or did you send them out? I wouldn't be pulling many days like that or you might not have any help left.
  5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

wow, that's a really long day for those guys. How many times a week do they pull long days like that? Or was Saturday an exception?
  6. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

That is 15hours basically 2 days of hours pushed into one calendar day. Three man crew 15 properties 22 acres per day?
  7. LawnSmith

bottom line, they get paid to work. it helps to have employees that have the same goals in mind for the better of the company. they havent been able to pull many hours this week because of the amount of rainfall. the rain doesnt usually slow us down as we just slap on the rain gear and keep going. but, 10+ inches of rain this week alone, that will slow down anyone unless your mowing with a bass boat.

btw, they are out right now trying to get us caught up and back on a decent schedule. in the rain i might add....
  8. LawnSmith

you cant base the "record" breaking day on a normal work week schedule.

your probably in the ballpark as far as acres per day as that could be 22 one acre properties but 7 three acres properties...etc.

we have some days that we only mow 5-6 properties and those alone total over 30 acres.

also, keep in mind this was the 3 man crew. i also have a 2 man mowing crew and a landscape crew that i can pull help from when needed.
  9. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I bet if there getting payed by the hour that they don't care. It's just $$$$$$$$ to them.
  10. LawnSmith