3 month pre vs 6 month pre

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by georgialawn88, Jan 15, 2013.

1. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

Who does what? whats your results. do you like 3 month or do you like 6 month pre and why? and for those of you that do 6 month rate, hows your results?

2. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

What is your turf? I'm of the opinion that that much dimension or other pre could damage turf. Most pre-ems poop out after 6-12 weeks depending on amount. Enough to last that long could pack on the soil surface damage in a way that I have never seen. Just thinking. I'd rather error on doing two or more application than replacing a lawn. On warm season grasses, I use Gallery and a little dimension and get excellent results for 8-12 weeks.
    Let us know your results should you do this as it would be good knowledge.

3. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Do you just add the Gallery once or with every pre round? I have never used the Gallery because of price [i know it is now off patent] but heard it was very safe on warm season grass and lasted up to eight months.

4. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Don't know anything about the eight (8) month stuff. I will apply just the Gallery towards the end of February, then again with fertilizer and a little Dimension towards the end of April and gain 1st of August. All at the low-medium rate. Gallery is the least of the root pruning pre-ems and works well on warm season turf.