3 of my best

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by garth1967, Dec 12, 2005.

1. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

3 of my best customers have wanted weed spray in the last month. but it has rained 25 out of the last 30 and they are at me ."why haven't the weeds died"they say"maybe its because we live in a sub tropical environment ,i say "well.if those weeds aren't gone by Xmas its your arse".I'm not impressed

2. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

napom (sp?) :p

3. stuie

stuie LawnSite Member

Dont worry i got rid of three customers today one a 52 weeks a year gig not worth the stress and worry. Complain about this and that most of the problems are environment related READ DROUGHT!!!:waving: :waving: :waving:

4. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

You need a license to buy the good stuff. Trimec Classic or Ortho ain't gonna cut it. Don't forget the spreader/sticker.:). I've sprayed for clover in spot showers and the cr@p still died.

5. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

Actually, I think it would be 'napalm'. Never thought of that for weed control before, but I think it would be extremely effective. Would make for nice customer control as well. :blob2:

6. lawnsbyrj

lawnsbyrj LawnSite Member

I add dish soap, I know really professional, but it helps to make it adhere to the leafs. and just takes a little like a table spoon to 5 gallon

7. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

im going to give that a go,ive of heard of this before but when it rains here though it really does come down.it really is a bad time to be spraying i think and i just cant seem to get it through the customers heads. here in queensland we have a wet and dry season.

8. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Some of the broadleaf herbicides are rainfast in a few hours if you use a NIS.

Speedzone actually states 2 hours on the label with no NIS. Probably too warm in your area for that product, but just an example.