1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

3 or 4 man crew

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by qualitycut, Jan 24, 2008.

1. qualitycut

qualitycut LawnSite Member

I am thinking about subbing for a LCO this coming up year and he has all larger commercial accounts. What would be more effective 3 or 4 man crew? Also what would you need to make with a 3 man crew and what would you need with a 4 man. Average
    I figured...
    each employee will cost around 15 with taxes and all those goodies.
    2 mowers= around 12$ an hr in fuel
    3 mowers= 18$ hr fuel

Thats just kind of a start just curious on opinions with that info provided.

2. qualitycut

qualitycut LawnSite Member

Also what what do you like to net income in a day after all cost say for a 1000.00 gross day?

Sorry for all the questions Im just trying to decide if its worth me subbing or not.

Thanks in advance
  3. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I run a 3 man crew for maintenance and we service a variety of commercial and residential properties. I think the number of people on a crew would depend on if the properties require alot of trimming and edging. For us a three man crew is great because most of our account are maintenance contracts. Where we provide: shurb trimming, weed control, etc. so the third man always has something to do even on 10,000 sft and under properties. The amount per day depend on alot of variable, it varies depend on which properties we service. But I would say in my area anywhere from $1,000-1,200 some times more or less depend on the time of year.