3 Point Hitch Quick Connect

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Meistro, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Meistro

Meistro LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Has anyone ever used a 3 point quick connect? I hear you can back up to an implement and attach it without even getting off the tractor. Maybe someone can recommend a name-brand for purchase.

2. Hortus

Hortus LawnSite Member

Yes that's correct, it will work for machines that are either wheel-driven or operated by a PTO. You still have to get off your tractor for the PTO.
  3. BrIONwoshMunky

BrIONwoshMunky LawnSite Member

4. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I have a landpride cat 1 quick hitch, its a decent piece of equipment but i don't use it much. I don't like anything between my hitch and implement, call me crazy but i don't think you attain the same top link angles with a quick hitch.
  5. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

The problem that I see with most of them is that they hang the implement about 4-6" further out the back, and that makes the long ones, like a bush hog drag the ground, and/or bind when you cross a gully.:hammerhead:
  6. wheels910

wheels910 LawnSite Member

with deere, there is the i-match quick hitch.

you can also get a quick pto connect/disconnect with lever mounted to it. change implements AND pto without leaving seat. this is in addition to the i-match
  7. Hortus

Hortus LawnSite Member

Interesting and thanks to you and BrIONwoshMunky for referencing the product. I'll have to read up on that as it would be a nice feature, but wonder if anyone here uses it to give their perspective.
  8. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

Not sure if Deere's I match product is the same or not, but Deere did discontinue one version of a quick hitch, it seems that they tried to steal a patent from the fellow who invented it (fancy that!), he got mad, a lawyer, and even , in that order, check to see if it is still available. Deere has a reputation of stealing first, and asking questions later!:laugh::laugh:
  9. ddivinia

ddivinia LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I used to have a John Deere imatch and I found out that not enough implements fit it. I ditched the quick hitch and put the extendable drag links on - that made things easy enough.

10. backhoe1

backhoe1 LawnSite Member

We use a brand called Freedom Hitch. It's shaped like a triangle to aid in lining up, and you then don't worry about pin spacing from one attachment to another.