3 point (tractor) or ATV attachment for rocks?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV' started by vencops, Apr 12, 2011.

1. vencops

vencops LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I have a property that I do the lawn maintenance on. They have a railroad track coming onto their property (it's a commercial account....industrial). The railroad recently installed some new tracks, there. When they "cleaned up", they used some sort of rake, pulled behind an ATV. What they ended up doing was dragging all the extra rocks from around the tracks out into the area that I maintain.

So....what's the best way to get all these rocks up? Is there a s point hitch implement that I could pull behind the tractor? An implement I could pull behind my ATV?

This isn't really a finished "lawn". But, I do need to get it done well enough that I can run my ZTR over it without risk of damage.

Thanks, in advance, for your recommendations.

2. gundogs

gundogs LawnSite Member

Have the property owner call the railroad and have them come and clean up the rocks. They are responsible.

3. sehitchman

sehitchman LawnSite Senior Member

Raise the deck up to transport height and go for it. I doubt anyone is going to the expense of removing the rocks if it is a big area. Or sell them on using a skid with a rockhound on it. then re-seeding the area.

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

What if the area is actually the RR's right of way?

5. pede58

pede58 LawnSite Member

Several rock rakes out there, not sure the atv is the way to go, you need some down pressure and you can buy a 3point setup for the atv that will let you do this but it cost about as much as the rake.