3 spare trucks, which to sell? how much?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by BrandonV, Feb 15, 2010.

1. farmboy1285

farmboy1285 LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious how can you tell the F350 was converted to a dually?

2. JakeLewis79

JakeLewis79 LawnSite Member

The dually fenders.

And although I wouldn't pay $6k for it, I know people who have, so that seems like a good price. Good luck with the sale.

3. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

That and ford didn't make a factory dually till 99 I think.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. farmboy1285

Is their something special about the dually fenders? They look like every other set of dually fenders I have seen.

Did ford not make a factory dually in certain years or are all of the duallies out before 99 dealer conversions? That seems really odd if thats the case.

5. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

that is the case, neither did chevy, or dodge I believe.

6. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

You can tell by the front wheels. duallys front wheels are buldged out.

7. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

8. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

Wow, no not quite. they all have made duallys since the 70's! its just Ford didnt start with dually 4x4's until 99. u had to special order them, or get them as Cab and Chassis fleet vehicle.

9. farmboy1285

Dang, I didn't notice that till you pointed it out, but that makes sense. All the duallys being dealer conversions made no sense to me, there are to way ford duallys out there for them to all be dealer conversions. I always wondered why it was so rare to find an old dually 4x4, I guess I know now.

10. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

Yep! I searched and searched back in 2000 for a 95-97 Crew cab dually 4x4, and could never find one! I worked at a Ford dealer, and decided to ask some people, and they all looked at me weird, and said have you ever seen one? i was like hmmm..i guess not. 5 different guys said thats cuz Ford didnt start making them til 99. crazy stuff...so my search stopped...ha! ended up finding a 97 250 4X4, that turned into my Baby!! I still miss that truck.