3 times in 5 days...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PGA, Mar 7, 2006.

1. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

I get a flyer left on my door. Apparently these are blind LCO's because they cant see an F-250 with my name on it sitting in my driveway when they walk up to the door!

How can someone be paying that little attention that they would waste their flyer putting it on my door.

One of them was mowing any lawn for $22.00. I might take him up on the offer. Im tired of cutting my grass.

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Might not be the owner passing out the flyers. Ex: let's say it was a couple of high school kids flyering the neighbrhood. No way they would be paying any attention to who they are passing them to.
    Definitely goes to show though that I bet everyone is kicking their advertising into full speed ahead now.

3. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Yup, that's it.. "How do you know when you've reached the pinnacle in your lawnmowing business?"

answer..

"You can afford to have somebody else cut your home lawn."

4. Plow_Boy84

Plow_Boy84 LawnSite Member

maybe they are just up for some friendly competition:cool2:

5. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe they are being *****.

6. Plow_Boy84

Plow_Boy84 LawnSite Member

thats the great thing about the free enterprise system. land of opportunity. they are probably wasting their time and money, but no harm done. right? In all honesty it gives the guy who got the flyers a "heads up" as to whats going on in his area. :usflag:

7. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

If you hire a distribution service, depending on the workers they use (often hobo's from under the bridge, although some are fast!) they barely look up when passing them out, so I'd try not to take it personally.

Or are you just upset that they tagged your area first?

8. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys ...., I had a lady stop me an i gave her a price a couple years ago to mow her lawn ...Found out her husband has one of the bigest L/Cs in the town at that time . She said she was tired of him telling her "he was gonna do it " go figure !! Not s*^$ LOL

9. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Its not a waste of a flyer. It got your attention didn't it?

Now call them up and use them as subs on rotten properties that you don't want to do. You charge 40 a cut sub to them for 22 and profit 18 bucks for sending an invoice every month.