3 toxic houshold items

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by shovelracer, Sep 3, 2009.

1. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

I very commonly find myself meeting people that have a real beef with turf pesticides, but 99% of the time they know nothing about them. Anyways that isn't the conversation. I want to here what 3 household items you think are in every house in America that are more toxic than any product you apply in a basic program. I've come across a few lists at seminars and such, but lets here your items.

Here's my 3 things

Asprin
    Tile and grime cleaner
    Paint remover

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Gasoline, drain cleaner, anti-freeze. Gin, furniture polish, windshield washer fluid. Iron supplement tablets. Various prescription capsules.

3. grass4gas

grass4gas LawnSite Senior Member

Bleach and ammonia. Combine the 2 and oh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa:hammerhead:

Drain cleaner.

These are the 3 chemicals I tell people that are more dangerous than anything I put down.

4. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

Fish Aquarium tablets!!
    Acetone
    Fingernail Polish Remover
    Crazy Glue
    Linoleum
    Formaldehyde in Carpet Fibers
    Toilet Bowl Blue
    Sodium Hypochlorite
    Visine
    Mr. Clean

The list can on and on because consumers are so mind set from television and consumer biased reports from media sources, that they don't recognize the hazards within their screened porches.
    There are more noxious toxins that are absorbed daily from the average household because it is contained within a confined area. The AC only circulates the toxins.!! What stupid animal we are, yet we do it everyday to keep our homes clean!! or beautify our lifestyles with...!!!???

I will think of some more after a while.

5. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

OK how bout this. Most people realize there is some danger involved with gasoline, bleach, drano, etc. What are the 3 most common items that almost everyone would assume are safe and use without any concern?

6. Think Green

Water
    Shampoo
    Cologne--Perfumes-Body Sprays, Deodorants--Aluminum Hydroxide I believe is the ingredients?
    I can't forget toothpaste's--------Flouride Phosphates.

7. FYS777

FYS777 LawnSite Silver Member

chew
    sig's
    and sugar

8. Think Green

Cellphone
    Microwave
    flourescent light bulbs.........the new one's

9. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Mosquito repellent with DEET. It's a conspiracy...I know it is. They don't have the Kahuna's to come out and call it what it is... DDT... or should I say D-DEE-T !!! Something to think about...:laugh::laugh:

10. FYS777

FYS777 LawnSite Silver Member

:)Hmmm, things that are toxic in the house.
    me after eating chilibeans,:laugh:
    my feet after working all day,:laugh: