1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

3 Trimmer Open Trailer Extreme Series Rack

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by acm8705, Jun 24, 2007.

1. acm8705

acm8705 LawnSite Member

Just mounted my 3 trimmer extreme rack.:clapping: It is very easy to take the trimmers out and put them back in. It also very fast and fast to lock as well.

Here you can see the metal inner shaft that rotates as you turn the top handle. The metal then goes into the bracket on the trimmer to lock it in place.

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Cool... you mounted it on the nose of the trailer.

This is the only mounting area that interests me, so I am glad.

Let me know how it works out for you in the field.
    I want to be sure they are easy in/out from one side of the tounge
  3. YukonG

YukonG LawnSite Member

Do the racks hold everything securely? I mean, do they allow your machines to rattle around at all?
    Will the clamps hold the curved shaft edger without damaging it?
    Are there just 2 bolts holding each post to the trailer? Do you think this could bend the toprail of your trailer?
    Do you just use a master lock to lock them all?

4. The blocks that mount onto your trimmer shaft prevent the trimmers from rattling, rolling, bouncing, etc in the rack.

The blocks won't damage any piece of equipment. They handle curved edge shafts no problem.

There is two bolts each post to the trailer. If you have weak siderails you can order an extension which bolts to the floor of your trailer and to the siderail. The rack will then mount on top of this.

The rack comes with a generic mastertype padlock. If you ever wanted to replace it you could use a standard master padlock.

Check it out at:

Use coupon code: lawnsite1 to get 10% Off your order
  5. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

pretty cool!
  6. acm8705

acm8705 LawnSite Member

After the first day of use I'm very happy. They don't wobble around very much at all. I have no problems getting the trimmers in and out. I can put the trimmers in and out from the side of the trailer with ease.

I might change the way the bracket on the end of the trimmers face (3rd pic down). Instead of pulling the trimmer into the holder and then clicking it in, it might be easier to push the trimmer into the holder and then click it in.

For $179.90 shipped you can't beat it!!!
  7. YukonG

YukonG LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info.
    How much is the extension that bolts to the floor? I didn't see it on your website.
  8. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

I have owned these racks for a while now so I thought I would reply aswell

9. YukonG

YukonG LawnSite Member

Thank you.
  10. bigbone

bigbone LawnSite Member

I just bought a 3 rack from Xtreme and they are very easy to use. Only problem I had was they only sent me two sets of clamps for my trimmers but Matt is sending me another pair so good customer service.