3 way plugs

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by Tq23, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Tq23

Tq23 LawnSite Member

A couple of weeks ago, i was out pricing 3 way plugs to start stocking up the season. I checked Menards, Home Depot and Lowes and they all wanted $2-3 a piece. I was shocked and their prices on 20 ft extension cords was high compared to the last couple of years. Stopped at Menards today to reload on electrical tape and they had the 3 way plugs on sale for 50 cents.

So if anyone needs 3 way plugs, menards has them on sale for 50 cents until November 14 or until they run out......

Tom

2. unit28

unit28 LawnSite Bronze Member

I picked up the last two over here.
    long way to drive to save a buck for me.
    So I recommend call ahead to get some reserved.

3. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

no menards in Arkansas. but Harbor freight usually puts them on sale for 99 cents or so.

4. Birchwood

Birchwood LawnSite Member

Bought 60 on Sunday cant beat the price. They also had 20' 16/3 cords for 4.50 with a 2 dollar rebate, I dont know it I have enough friends to send the rebates to.

5. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I bought the last few on the shelf saturday. Amazing how fast I chew thru those things on bigger lighting job.

6. yard_smart

yard_smart LawnSite Senior Member

What is the reason you use these for guys?

7. meets1

My wife went to pick more lights up today and she stopped at menards - still $.50 a piece - she bought a 100 for me. OUr light place wants $3.19 for the same exact thing, local hardware store has them for $3.29. So my wife did well today!

8. meets1

Reason to use? I don't know - but I do like your website so maybe you should tell us since your a x-mas lighting master!

9. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

walmart here has them for 1.97.

10. yard_smart

yard_smart LawnSite Senior Member

haha isn't the internet great.

Here's the thing. So many guys get caught up in the technical side of the business and think that just doing the best work around will keep them in business. . . .NOPE!

Marketing, Professional Sales, and Business Smarts can take you a lot further.

How bout I give you some tips on your site in exchange for telling me why you use a 3 way plug