3 weeks ago green, this week stressed on brown

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, May 30, 2002.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: 3 weeks ago we were mowing plush green lawns, this week the lawns are stressed and are goin brown fast. 225 lawns and barely filled one truck w/ grass. anyone else out there seeing this. tony

2. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

Its the same here lawns we mowed a week ago look just cut. Mainly cutting irrgated lawns now.

3. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: scott, could'nt imagine how it is down there i was in myrtle beach in march and everything looked horrible, by now it must be a dust bowl, tony

4. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

For a while when it would get really dry we would get just enough rain to help,got some today infact but its going to take a hurricane to really help. And thats somthing that I dont wish on anyone.

5. Ajays

Ajays LawnSite Member

i hear that... i don't wish a huricane on anyone but i'm almost praying for one.

6. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

Cane season starts tomorrow. I love storms. Yeah,I know I'm insane.
    But at least the chances for rain should start going up.
    Bring it on!:D ;)

7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Man. I just got in from mowing and it was a tough day. Only a few lawns are showing signs of stress, but the others grew an unbeleivable amount. I had to do quite a bit of double cutting, but it was nice to be cutting grass.

8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I feel for you East coast guys but I am not exaggerating when I say I can cut all of my customers on a 4 day rotation. It has been an unreal start to the season. Idon't know what to expect but we are now just shy of building arcs.

9. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I started a thread on this same topic 2 weeks ago called 'Surge growth to dust bowl' and since I started the thread, conditions haven't gotten any better. They keep calling for T-storms but never happens. I feel like Pig-Pen from the Peanuts when I'm mowing some accounts. Surrounded in a big cloud of dust. Keeps up like this and I'll have to start looking for my golf clubs!!!

LAWNS AND MOWER