3 yr spindles going bad after 2

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by jman00, Apr 24, 2002.

1. jman00

jman00 LawnSite Member

who pays for the repair. does exmark just replace the part and i have to pay for the labor or is it all covered. And how bad does the spindle have to be before it is considered bad or needing to be replaced. Also can i do this myself. The spindle is making a little noise, its not bad but i notice something different down there.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Jman00,

Good questions.

The warranty is for 3 years against defects in materials and workmanship. The first year is parts and labor; the second and third year is for parts only. The warranty covers replacement of the housing with bearings already installed. We do not want your dealer to replace the bearings only.

To determine if it is bad you'll need to take it to your dealer for evaluation. We're trying to be fairly flexible on the spindle warranty. If they are getting loud or getting rough more often than not we're going to cover them. Now if when the mower arrives at the dealership and the blade is bent into a knot, the spindle shaft is tweaked and it looks like a grenade went of under the deck we're probably going to look at you a little funny.

Thanks

Terry