30 acres to spray/fert.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by meets1, Oct 3, 2007.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

What would you guys charge to fert & spray this area?

Seperate the two items as well.

Using a 125 gallon pull behind sprayer with 12 ft booms.

Fert. app - velkon (however it is spelled)

Spring & Fall treatments.

Also what would be the most effective rate of fert - a basic 13-13-13 and I use all trimic but I could go cheaper and get the old stsyle 2-4d.

Pretty open - a few evergreen trees here and there but 90% is wide open space!

All that is required - broadleaf control. The property is up for bid due to the last guy making this area a nursery for the pretty yellow flower.
  2. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

No one knows? NOt one single responce with 30 some views?
  3. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

I would be around 3600.00 for weed control and fertilizer. Weed control only would be 2000.00.
  4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

$160, at least 140 per acre. Ue Trimec for weeds. Urea for fert; cost is lower and green is better.
  5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

We don't know your costs or how long this will take. So How can we price the job for you???

Cost Plus bidding is the only way to win every bid. You may not get every bid, But you won't lose money by bidding it to cheap. So cost plus bidding is a winner every time.
  6. ampeg76

ampeg76 LawnSite Senior Member

very sound advice, charge according to your cost and time
  7. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

agree, 46-0-0 and i'd go with the cheap 2,4d.. at $160 acre he'd be making a great deal of $$$. though not really sure how probuctive the 12' boom is going to be, but the VICON will spread a 40' swath at 5mph on my kubota.
  8. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

on second thought he might be better spraying the whole thing with the boom sprayer and just adding the sol 46-0-0 to the weed control. that way he wouldn't have to make 2 trips around the 30 acres.
  9. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

why would you use 46-0-0 on a 2 app per year treatment? Your green will last for minutes... Invest the rest of the money and put a quality 25-5-11 its not the best but your providing valuable nutrients not just N. I am sure If you call around you will get a good deal on 3 pallets of fert. Try to find something that has a high scu or at least amonical N. Dont be penny wise and dollar foolish on
    big property work. Its much better to have that money 2x per year that you can count on.
  10. BostonBull

BostonBull LawnSite Senior Member

Dont apply any fert without a soil test. this is basic soil amendments 101.