1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

30 Customers in one month?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jsprouse, Jul 9, 2007.

1. jsprouse

jsprouse LawnSite Member

Is it feasable to gain 30 customers in one month?
  2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I guess it's possible w/ a lot of advertising. I mean a whole lot!
  3. M.C.L.C.

M.C.L.C. LawnSite Member

On a great month yes. I have seriously sold 15 in the last two weeks! now granted this might not continue but still that is a crazy amount considering we haven't done any special advertising as of late. Just a couple different ads in the phone book and our website
  4. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Networking is key to gain that amount!!! Thats all I'm going to say...
  5. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I actually signed up 6 new clients just today. That makes 7 for the month of July so far. I guess all this rain we have been having has really helped. I guess 30 in one month is doable. I agree that networking is a key to success.
  6. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Can you get 30 accounts in one month? Its possible as is anything but will the accounts be high quality well paying customers that dont complain always pay on time and give you no trouble at all? Nope
  7. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

hell I've turned down 30 last month.

If you get this many you will be hating yourself.

I'm starting to dump some of my "hard cut", "PITA'S", and "low pay" Customers
  8. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

Boy do I agree. We are blessed here in Atlanta to have a housing boom, but many of these people really cant afford to pay the mortgage and the LCO. I have turned down a lot also over the last thirty days. Our schedule is really at max, and I will only take high end, or easy to cut lawns. I refuse to do any more of hill side lawns.