30 Days with an ASV RC-50

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Strawbridge Lawn, Jan 1, 2004.

1. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Tomorrow marks the end of a 30 day rental period that comprised a cleanup of 3 acres of land of scub, thickets, downed trees (hurricane Emile) and older dead treees. The job also included the contruction of a path around the perimeter finalized by mulch
    install on the path.
    In the end 55 Cubic Yards of mulch was brought in, while approx 50 tons of debris was removed.
    The machine was equipped with a Bobcat Grapple Bucket.
    I must say I was extremely satisfied with this machine. There is no way a Skid Steer (wheeled) could have done this job without getting stuck (5th wettest year on record here in SE VA).
    Several trees were entangled in Vines over 3" in diameter. The only way to tear them out of trees was to grab and back up until they are ripped out of the trees. The tracks provided all the traction i needed. I did nose dive it several times as the weight of the bucket combined with load and tractive force exceeded the tail weight of the machine.
    All in all a blast. Joystick controls were so effortless. My only decision now is whether to go with an RC-30 or RC-50 model. The local Dealer has used them both nearly 3 years and have had no problems with the machines.
    Hope this helps anyone considering this type of machine
    Happy New Year

2. newmanfan

newmanfan LawnSite Member

Go with the 50. You will be more happy with the horse power, lifting capacity, and you can hook up Bob Cat implements very easily. It is worth the money.

3. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Have you got a picture of one?

4. newmanfan

newmanfan LawnSite Member

5. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Thanks ...if I ever come across one here I'll arrange for a demo.

6. emjay

emjay LawnSite Member

Strawbridge Lawn, I have been following your links with great interest for the last month or so. Since cost was a major consideration for purchasing a track loader I opted for the Polaris ASL 300 ( RC-30 ). We got the rig with a 4 in 1 bucket, front door ass'y and a 7 ft. depth quick attach backhoe w/ outriggers and 13'' bucket for under 21k. Only 20 hrs. on the clock but but we are satisfied with how well it moves sceened sand and pea rock.
    Also, we are impressed with it's traction on snow and ice.
    Curious about cold weather starting though, its supposed to be 10 degrees below 0 this week.
    Thank you for sharing your experiences and keep up the good work.

7. Advanced Lawncare

Advanced Lawncare LawnSite Member

I have used the 30 seems a little under powered. Local sales man says that you dont want the 30, but hear very good reports on the 50.

8. Strawbridge Lawn

PICTURES OF THE 50 DURING FINAL STAGES

9. Strawbridge Lawn

PICS OF THE JOB (TAKE TWO)

rc-50 three.jpg

10. Strawbridge Lawn

ANOTHER PIC

rc-50 one.jpg