30% discount?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by qualitylawnmanagement, Sep 10, 2006.

1. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I asked my dad about getting a new truck threw his company and they can get 30% off the price (GM and Ford). Well I went truck shopping today and went a see some 2500HD. Well I saw one I liked and it is a

2007 Chevy 2500HD LT3 super cab long bed fully loaded with the 6.6 Allison trans for 44,904 sticker value. And with my dads 30% off and my trade in it sounds like a sweet deal.

Sticker price:
    $44,904

30% discount
    $13,471.20

Trade in
    $4,500

Total Price:
    $26,932.00

Not bad for a fully loaded ext cab 6.6 auto?

2. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds like a good deal, a used one can cost that much. thank god for parents:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

3. FANS

FANS LawnSite Member

Tax and Tags and Insurance - which is going to high on a new truck with what's considered a big engine.

4. mow king

mow king LawnSite Senior Member

Sell your truck privately, You'll do better.

5. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Can you get me one? I looked at a 2007 4 door long bed diesel fully loaded and it costs about 48-50k. I would jump right on it for 30% off. Do any of you guys think that the employee discount will ever come back?

6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Buying a new work truck is stupid. Even though you're getting a good deal, you can get one hell of a truck for $15K. The price is cheap, that's for sure, makes buying used look stupid at $26,XXX for a new rig, but your insurance is going to be hardcore.

If you do decide to go through with it, sell your truck private, they axe you on trades.

As for the employee discount coming back, hard to say. GM is going to be in a world of hurt 3-4 years from now pumping out trucks and SUV's that get terrible gas mileage. GM's cars suck, end of story, they rely solely on truck/SUV sales to push them through. Going to be hard to compete with Nissan, Toyota, Honda, and Mazda producing cheap, fuel efficient cars. I"m not saying Ford is going to be in good shape either, but Ford sells way more trucks than SUV's and SUV sales have been WAY down whereas truck sales haven't really dropped all that much at all, still a demand for a work rig. It's the big grocery getters that are taking the axe in sales and that's GM's pride and joy.

7. stroker51

stroker51 LawnSite Senior Member

Can you get that same deal on an '06? From what I gather all of the diesel truck engines have had quite a bit of stuff re-worked to meet '07 emissions standards, and there will be a lot of unproven technology in the first trucks. My uncle is shop foreman for an International truck dealer, and said that all the fleets have been buyin up the '06's to avoid about a 5K increase in purchase cost, and the possible problems that go with tweaking everything to meet these standards. Just a thought, but that seems like a helluva deal for a new truck.

8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Yep, I second trying to get an '06, '07 is the downfall of diesels as far as I can tell. They haven't even hit the streets in full force yet and everyone is already making estimates as to what the damage count is going to be. My advice is to buy something pre '07 or wait until '09 or '10 until they have the bugs worked out. Can you say '03 Ford 6.0?

9. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Ford owns Mazda.

10. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Hmmm, news to me. I think what's going to happen with GM is that they're going to get bought out just like Dailmer Chrysler did by Mercedes Benz.