1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

30 gallon drum with hose bib

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by fastcat, Apr 14, 2007.

1. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

i wanted to have a way that i could mix up a batch of round-up no matter were i was, so this is what i did.

2. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

thats a really neat idea. what did you do to build that? just drill a whole and put a water phosit(sp?) on it?
  3. fastcat

its a half inch ball valve hose bib and a half in coupling together and a plastic half inch nut of some type. i used marine silicone behind the flange of the hose bib and around the out side of it. the hard part is to tighten the hose bib and the nut snug. what i did was take a piece of rebar and hold it agianst the ear of the nut and turn the hose bib till it gets 1/4 inch from the drum and spread on the silicone thick the finish tighting and silicone the rim of the flange good and let it sit for 24 hours and then our ready to go.
  4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like it will work on the cheap for sure! Just need a peice of hose that's not kinked 6 ways to sunday, lol
  5. fastcat

yea, it fills up my 4 gal sprayer quick.
  6. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Not bad. But you should strap it near the cab if that strap breaks it will go right through your cab.
  7. instyle

instyle LawnSite Senior Member
    from Canada

yep that strap will not hold in an accident, and if it broke and spilled everywhere you will be needing a hazmat cleanup. and that is not cheap.
  8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

The drum is only filled with water.....used to mix roundup inside the sprayer as needed
  9. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Then you should take off the label and write Non-Potable water on the drum.
  10. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Why didn't you just use a threaded adapter and use the threaded bung hole?