30 New Customers In 4 Days

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smcunningham, Apr 6, 2007.

1. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

My mentor threw the towl in........when his doctor told him that if he continued this season that he would'nt be walking by the end of the season he has severe back and hip problems.............Now about the accounts....there all right around 1/4 lots varying from 30$ to 50$ a couple might be close to half acre.........the most recent customer he gained 3 years ago and most of the rest he has had between 5 to 12 years....there all his cream of the crop customers all "pitas have been weeded out".......(his words) Since monday I"ve meet with 26 of them.........3 more friday eve and the last one on saturday...is the schedule....I was very surprised everyone of them was ok with it....4 more to go.....but my mentor has spoken to all of them prior to me meeting with them..........I guess thats why its going good and considering he has had them for many years........It gets better..................7 of them are on the same street and the rest are all in groups of three and four with only one staggler.......two blocks down from the group of seven.........Oh yeah, it gets better yet there all with in a 3-5 mile radius alot of corner props.........he could do them all in two days.......and from my estimation so can I .......So with all my previos accounts and the 30 new ones and the 4 additional ones I've picked up so far..... including the 3 I lost......I'm up to 59 money making headaches.....and boy oh boy I hope it only rains on the weekends:laugh:

2. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats, I paid $5.5 K for ads that will get me 14 accounts if im lucky.

3. smcunningham

lawncuttinfoo,
    Thanks, yeah I spent roughly 600.00 on advertisement before my khowledge of getting all these accounts and to think I got about 2,500 door hangers left and my add will be in the paper for the next 2 months

4. Duncan90si

Duncan90si LawnSite Member

Congrats, good for you. Quick question. Is your period button sticking on your keyboard? :) JK

5. howardsells2000

howardsells2000 LawnSite Senior Member

Congratulations, I had a similar thing happen to me last year. I gave a quote to a lady who told me her lawn guy was getting out of the business. I asked for his name and number and then called him. I got about 45 accounts from him. He also had most of these accounts for many years and he did act as a mentor for me. He gave me lots of advise and helped me if I needed it. I did have to pay him for the accounts. They weren't free for me but because I had read lots of posts on here about buying accounts I paid one months income for the accounts. Good Luck.

Howard

6. smcunningham

howardsells2000
    Congratulations, I had a similar thing happen to me last year. I gave a quote to a lady who told me her lawn guy was getting out of the business. I asked for his name and number and then called him. I got about 45 accounts from him. He also had most of these accounts for many years and he did act as a mentor for me. He gave me lots of advise and helped me if I needed it. I did have to pay him for the accounts. They weren't free for me but because I had read lots of posts on here about buying accounts I paid one months income for the accounts. Good Luck.
    Howard

I'm giving him 10% of what the accounts make in a season.
    He did'nt want anything....but I wanted to be fare.......
    SMCUNNINGHAM

7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

What exactly does a "lawn care mentor" do? The only one I ever heard about was the guy who drank coors light and got an overly vivid immagination.

8. smcunningham

lawnman_
    scott What exactly does a "lawn care mentor" do? The only one I ever heard about was the guy who drank coors light and got an overly vivid immagination

Well for me its his 12yrs of experience...Meaning when I need some idea or advice about handling a situation, I can get his advice or take on the situation at hand. He has helped me with tricks of the trade when I first started out. When I first started I did'nt know about L.S. I consider L.S. an
    extreme mentor because I can get advice from thousands of lco's @ the touch of a button.:cool2:

9. Lawnboy85

Lawnboy85 LawnSite Member
    from South

Sounds like things are going great. I've had a recent outburst of incoming customers too. I've picked up 15 new customers over the last 2 1/2 weeks, which brings me up to 60. Granted, most of my customers are not weekly jobs, but I do have several larger yards and one cemetery that pay extremely well when I do them. Hope customers continue to roll in for the both of us over the course of the spring season.

Lohse's Lawn Service

10. smcunningham

Lawnboy 85,
    Congrats to you on your flow of new customers.Looks like we'll
    be busy this year.........best of luck to you also:waving: