30 second commercial - what would you say?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by bcg, Mar 6, 2009.

1. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

We're considering doing a 30 second web spot with out local ABC affiliate (it's a feebie for a 9 month online "print" ad commitment). If you were to do one, what would you say? I don't want it to sound like and advertisement, but rather be something informative for people.

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I like to make the point about hiring the company that has been around for a long time, knows what they are doing, instead of the cheaper guy who does it for beer money. But that might not be too good for a video commercial.

talk about water conservation. preventing runoff. system efficiency. And why Texas is better than the other 49 states :) (had to get that one in)

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Make sure to show a shot of all those open trenches while everyone waits for the inspector.
    The Jeopardy theme music would work for that. :hammerhead:

4. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

Actually, in my part of the state, nothing has changed yet. Still no permits required in most of the county. Even in the Houston city limits, you only need to pull a permit for the cross connect and they still aren't requiring designs to issue them, just pay the fee. While most of the state cares about water conservation, around Houston we get a LOT of rain (usually) and nobody here seems to give a rat's butt...yet. Some of the MUDs are starting to make noise like they're going to take advantage of their new authority but so far, it's still business as usual.

5. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I would do something like a guy struggling pulling hoses around , then a flash to his neihbors green lawn while he sits in a lawn chair enjoying his family.

6. Dripit good

Dripit good LawnSite Bronze Member

That sounds good. The bad economy will cut short or eliminate vacations for many........they might be more willing to put a little $$ in their yards and spend more time at home making it nicer.

7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

"References over three years old, gladly."

8. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

Tell people that you are out of work, homeless, and hungry. Show your family with some dirt on their face, ragged clothes, and a penny cup. Here's a slogan
    "Will do spring start-ups for food".

9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Argos has been milking that for years.

10. Tom Tom

Tom Tom LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm thinking tough times call for tough tactics
    ...........to bring the hope and joy and change back to people's lives..........

Imagine several scantily clad bikini models frolicking about
    the lawn as each and every zone is started, inspected, and fine tuned
    for ultimate enjoyment, oops I mean efficiency...........