30" toro question new twist

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 35DollarLawns, Jan 6, 2014.

1. 35DollarLawns

35DollarLawns LawnSite Senior Member

So I have read 100's of threads on toro, exmark 30" push/walk behind mowers
    and something crossed my mind . Has any company out there began to use them exclusively .
    Such a question is being presented to anyone in the JUST MOWING business model .
    Why hasnt just mowing phased out their older units for the 30's of they are supposed to be so good?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

The majority of LCO's use 48", 52", and 60" mowers. You can replace 36" mowers with them but you can't replace big mowers with a bunch of small ones.

-Michael

3. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

A few have said they have switched exclusively to these mowers reportedly with good results.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. 35DollarLawns

35DollarLawns LawnSite Senior Member

I am yet to hear abou them personally . Are they on this forum? I assume just mowing don't come here anymore to talk to. Who on here has done it?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

If these mowers are near worthless* going up a hill...then what is the point of using them COMMERCIALLY unless you live in the flatlands??

* = having to push a 132lb homeowner or 167lb commercial

Eastern Kansas is NOT flat, btw. :laugh:
    Western Kansas is r-e-a-l flat.

6. vanncann

vanncann LawnSite Senior Member

Didn't someone post on the site that they were grossly under powered??? I know the engine just wouldn't have enough power for some of my jobs...

7. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

8. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

I demoed one for a few days and I think they are the "cat's meow!" They leave the most unbelievable cut I've ever seen...far superior to any 21" I've ever used. If you're mowing weekly sodded yards, they have plenty of power + the bagging and mulching is second to none. I do agree about hills and I think I know what the problem is....they're geared too high. On flat ground, you almost have to run to keep up with one. If they dropped a gear or two to give more bottom end and less top end, I think that would solve the problem. For small residential, I'd never use another 21" or 36" WB with a 30" around. I'll also add that they're built like a tank..probably last a long time.

9. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe Toro and ExMark are no longer manufacturing either the commercial or home owner model.

10. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Where did you find this???