30" toro question new twist

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 35DollarLawns, Jan 6, 2014.

1. 2 Cycle

2 Cycle LawnSite Senior Member

There you go. Some smart mofos on ths site who understand how to use tools effectively. Like you, i am waiting to see if something else comes out but will likely grab the exmark.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't get my hopes up. Most new equipment is announced in the fall. Not spring. If they waited till spring to announce no one would know about them and they wouldn't sell many. Everyone knew about the commercial 30s 5 months in advance.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

Five months they could've used to get 'em straightened out before release. :rolleyes:

4. SSantor

SSantor LawnSite Member

The decks on the turfmaster and exmark are similar, but not the same. The changes are at the front wheels. You have different ways to change the ht's, which changes the decks. I felt the exmark mower pulled the grass and material under the deck better. I felt the toro blew some material out. I also felt the toro dropped more clumps of grass then the exmark. Just my opinion when I tried all three on a demo.

5. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Honda has done nothing to improve their 520 single stage thrower all these years. Granted it is quieter and easier to start than a similar Toro single stage blower but the chute handle is cumbersome and the machine tracks very poorly when compared to the Toros.

So...in keeping with that I don't expect Honda will ever bother. :(
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. lawnsaspire

I sent you a pm about the Kai engines on your bops Exact Rototilling. Let me know if u didn't get it. Sorry to subvert the thread.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Exact Rototilling

I got it and thought I sent you a reply. Been sick with flu and am not all with it. :(
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. lawnsaspire

Ok sorry I don't see it anywhere. No biggie
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

IFF this is worthwhile KAI info/intel...then please share or PM. I'm a BOP guy w/ 2 Samurais.

10. Exact Rototilling

The Original question was how many hours is too many hours on an engine similar to the ones on the BOP mowers Kawi V-twins.

My answer was....depends on how well it was maintained. 500 hours could be too many. Then again 1500 could be fine when properly maintained. Use of synthetic oil with high ZDDP levels and/or true SL/SJ rating.

The quick answer is have a reputable shop who know these engines do a compression leak down test.

--------------------

And to keep this posting on track for the thread I really do love that fold up and down handle on the Time Master 30. I use the dwarf mode [lowest position] to get under trees branches constantly.

So what is holding Toro back from just putting the Kawi on the TimeMaster already....? :rolleyes: