300,000sqft Of Turf

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by I MOW ALONE, Mar 17, 2002.

1. I MOW ALONE

I MOW ALONE LawnSite Bronze Member

HELLO EVERYONE IM NEW TO THE SITE AND I HAVE BEEN READING FOR THE LAST FEW DAYS AND HAVE GAINED A LOT OF GOOD INFORMATION BUT I STILL WOULD LIKE TO SEE HOW YOU GUYS MIGHT BID THIS ITS A CHURCH WITH 300,000SQFT OF TURF 270,000 OF THIS IS MAINLY FLATLAND STRAIGHT CUTTING AND THE OTHER 30,000 IS ISLANDS WITH QUITE ABIT OF TREES AND SHRUBS TO WHIP AROUND AND CYCLONE FENCE AROUND THE WHOLE PROPERTY ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED THANKS IN ADVANCE

2. peteloare

peteloare LawnSite Member

Would this be the !st United Meth. Church in Troy?

3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

UH OH:eek:

Busted maybe?

4. Don't let this post scare you. You've done what several of us on here are paranoid of. Giving away vital company information to a competitor, and you did it on your very first post!

But look at peteloare's profile. He's spraying and snow plowing. Maybe he wants to work in partnership with you or something. Anyway it's never as bad as you imagine.

Just turn off your cap lock, and come on back. Lots of good stuff on here.

Getting back to the bid. I'd look at it for around $245/cut. Sounds cheap and it is. But I'm kind of a HVLP (high volume low price) :D kind of cutter. But I have a lot of conditions to be met to mow cheaply, and some places won't tolerate some of my tactics.

Dave

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

6.89 acres of grass

$330 to $370 based on trimming.

6. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

That could be knocked out pretty fast with the right equipment (my Choppers:D ) so I wouldn't bid it real high. The fact that it's a Church would mean that they will probably want it every week and that would add up to a pretty good check at the end of the month. Do a good job and there might be some business waiting inside those doors for you also.

Don't hurt yourself but don't hurt them either, the Lord will Bless you for being fair and just.:angel:

7. tlcservices

tlcservices LawnSite Member
    from fl

450.00 per cut

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I would go with $425.

9. Cashmonysonny

Cashmonysonny LawnSite Member

375 a cut

10. tlcservices

tlcservices LawnSite Member
    from fl

thanks for sharing and did you get it for that? 55.00 an acre isnt bad.