~$300 backpack blower for homeowner, 3/4 acre

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Dave88LX, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

It will move that wood but not the brush...little bit too big.

2. Dave88LX

Dave88LX LawnSite Member

The electric? That's my buddy's yard.

3. Darryl G

Oh, ok. But your blower can move 2 x 4s, 4 x 4s, bricks and some branches depending on size and how they're laying. If there are a lot of sticks/branches down I will often leave them down and blow the leaves and any sticks/brush that move easily and leave the rest and then go back and pick it up. I recommend you have some fun pushing stuff around...it's kinda fun, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgxwaIoSuhg&feature=youtu.be

4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I've moved a 20lb chunk of concrete (weighed it) with mine on the rough dirt at my own place. I'm not gonna tell you that you can clear an entire lot off with that type of crap laying around, but you'll be impressed with what you can actually move with it.

5. Dave88LX

Dave88LX LawnSite Member

Holy crap. What did I get myself into.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  6. Brules

Brules LawnSite Senior Member

I have to be careful with my 570 - it will tear up my asphalt driveway at full throttle!!!!! Chunks go flying!

7. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

If I can get the time tomorrow, I'll see if I can get a short video of it doing that to the chunk I mentioned. We're supposed to have some weather moving through and I have a few others things to get done around here, but I'll do it if I can. It'll move it on pavement pretty readily.

8. Darryl G

9. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Either that or blower volley ball LOL

10. Darryl G

So you fire that thing up yet Dave? What do you think? If you haven't fired it up yet you can probably still trade it in for the 580. Your wife won't notice the difference, lol.